Tuesday, December 08, 2009

December Daily - December 8

This is the December 8 assignment from the Holidays in Hand class I took from Jessica Sprague.

The most vivid memories of Christmases past are usually not of gifts given or received, but of the spirit of love, the special warmth of Christmas worship, the cherished little habits of the home. ~ Lois Rand

Write about the significance of at least one of your items of holiday decor.  I'm not at a point in decorating to be able to pinpoint a specific item that I want to discuss, so I'm going to have to come back to this one at a later time.  Perhaps we can get everything taken care of this weekend. We'll see.  Things have been crazy for the past couple of weeks and I'm hopeful that they are calming down.

Photograph a holiday-related item you inherited.  Brad's mom just gave us a couple of boxes full of ornaments that his grandmother and dad made - I'm sure my photo will be of one of those things.


Do - our "do" today was to attend Girl Scouts.  Even though it happens in the evening, on days that Brad is gone, that's about the extent of all the "doing" I can handle.  Can you tell I don't cope well when he's not here?


Make - because our schedule required that we be gone for the evening, I chose to strike the "make" portion of the daily activities again.  Tomorrow, though, we make cupcakes!


Remember: In what places (whose homes, etc) do you remember feeling warm, welcome and loved during the holidays?   Always the homes of extended family - we would go to a great aunt's house on Christmas Eve (when their entire family celebrated) to celebrate Christmas with them.  I can remember celebrating Christmas in Hot Springs with my grandparents - I always loved going there regardless of what time of year it was.  We'd sometimes go to my aunt's house (mom's sister) or my uncle's house (mom's brother) and always had a good time with them.  But mostly, I remember celebrating the holidays at home surrounded by the love of my immediate family. 

No comments: