Sunday, February 05, 2006

Finally! A smile for Mommy. Yes!

At 6:00 this morning, I got the sweetest little smile from Annie. Absolutely precious and was definitely the sunshine of my day. She had just filled her diaper and I'd changed it, then she puked everywhere. As I was cleaning her up, she looked at me and smiled. As I smiled and talked to her, she smiled even more. I love those sweet baby smiles.

This evening while I was on the phone with my mother, I was holding Annie and cooing at her (Annie, not Mom). She did another thing I love at this stage - where they look at your mouth and you can see them trying their hardest to mimic you. Then, it escaped - a coo. She looked so startled, "Where'd that noise come from, Mom?" Ah. Oh. I so look forward to hearing sweet baby coos. I can wait for them, because just in case there is no MaryGrace or Harrison, I want to enjoy every precious minute of my sweet baby's babyhood.

And in case I haven't mentioned it, we have an appointment with the APN at our peds office on Monday to have an inital eval for reflux. I've known Donna since she was a LPN - we used to work in the same family practice clinic together. She's a wonderful practitioner so I'm always willing to see her when we need an appointment with one of the docs (since my preferred pediatrician is semi-retired).

I had an email interview with a pregnancy magazine late last week. We'll see if anything comes of it. They were interested in my emotions during my last pregnancy and how I felt when I found out I was pregnant each time, especially given my age and my battle with infertility.
I'll let you know if I'm "published".

No comments: