Thursday, April 30, 2009

Looking forward to a Fancy Party!

I have no idea what all my mom and aunt have planned - but Nin's birthday party is next weekend (May 9). The theme is Fancy Nancy - Nin's favorite books. Nancy loves all things French - which is what inspired the birthday invitations. Trust me when I say the scan doesn't do them justice because the paper isn't as glittery and the little jewels aren't as "blingy" in the scan as they are in hand. Nin chose the ribbon I used to make the tab at the top. She loved the black, pink and white.

The cake is going to be light purple because "Nancy yuuuuvs yight purple, Mommy!" I'm going to use silver pearl dust on the decorations. We're going to do a fancy two-tier cake - 10" and 8" inspired by this one though I promise you my version won't be *that* fancy! :) (and on a side note, I notice the price of her Fancy Nancy party has dropped almost $150 - it used to be $795 for 8 kids)

I know that Mom and Bippie have picked up chair covers, tulle for the cake table, fancy little goodies for the goodie bags (and I mean *fancy!!*) but they won't really tell me everything they're doing. They've hit the Alda's Warehouse closing sale *several* times buying goodies for the party. I can't wait to share pictures!

And speaking of parties - Annie has decided that she wants a Tinkerbell party when she turns four instead of having a froggie party.





Invite wording:
Bonjour, Madamoiselles!
(that's French for Hello Ladies!)
Please join us for
a fancy time celebrating
Katherine Egg's
5th Birthday
Saturday, May 9, 2009
1:00 - 2:30p.m.
a la maison {last name}
(that's French for at Bippie's house)
{address}
{address}
RSVP: Gina
{phone number} or {email}

1 comment:

Lisa said...

what a terrific idea!! My dd Hayden loves me to read her the Fancy Nancy books...We have them all but one I think.
I'll be anxiously awaiting pictures have a super time at the *fancy* party. Your invites turned out sooooo cute, great job!
Lisa S. (Ivillage Junebug 2005 boards)