Saturday, September 17, 2011

Project 52 v2011: Weeks 22 through 26

I just realized I’ve not posted my photo-of-the-week in several weeks. Since this is how I’ll go back and journal, I need to get them on here!

Week 22: May 28 – June 3, 2011
week22-May28
A few weeks ago I painted the upper part of the wall in the dining area with tinted chalkboard paint. I wish I’d done this three years ago! The girls do their work there, I can write math meetings on the board…it’s fabulous.

Week 23: June 4-10, 2011
week23-June4
The kids have started their one-on-one playdates with their baby cousin on Wednesdays. Bippie came to pick up Elizabeth and they went to see Rio at the theater, then back to the house for playtime. Bippie sent me a text with this photo of the girls having a great time.

Week 24: June 11-17, 2011
week24-June11
This week was Nin’s week for her playdate. Bippie picked her up early in the morning and they headed to the zoo to see the penguin exhibit, ride the carousel and train, and then went back to Bippie’s – where they laid down for quiet time. To encourage LG to nap, Bippie asked Nin to ‘pretend’ to be asleep. Only, Nin really went to sleep and took a three-hour nap while LG didn’t sleep at all!

Week 25: June 18-24, 2011
week25-june18
This was Annie’s week. Bippie came to get her and they went to The Wonder Place to play, shopping for a little bit (Annie came home in a new dress, shoes, sunglasses, necklace and bracelet…little toot!).

Week 26: June 25-July 2, 2011
week26-june25
Since we didn’t want to have to transfer Harrison’s car seat back and forth, on his playdate day, I took him to Bippie’s house to play. We were a little worried about how they would get along. LG tends to not want to do anything with Harrison or let him touch any of her toys when all my kids are around her. However, they played fabulously together. After lunch, Bippie did the quiet time thing like she did with Nin…everyone lays down and ‘pretends’ to be asleep so LG will sleep. Once again, my kiddo slept for hours while their baby-cousin didn’t sleep at all.

No comments: