I was lucky enough to win a spot in the Online Summer Card Camp from Joy’s blog a week or so ago. Joy is a guest designer and was allowed to give away some spots in the class. I was thrilled to have been one of the names she drew out of the digital hat.
So, anyway, this week we’ve been presented with a color scheme that was a little outside my comfort zone:
I’ve spent the past couple of days literally dreaming about the colors, combed through my stash, found some paper that would work, hated it, couldn’t find a sketch, started looking through saved files on my computer and I ran across this from the Jan/Feb 2011 issue of Paper Crafts Magazine…Alison Anderson is the designer
I love this card and I’ve always wanted to CASE it. And then…it happened….“Ferb, I know what we’re gonna do today.” (if your kids…or you…watch Phineas and Ferb…I do!…then you know where I’m coming from)
So, of course mine isn’t as drop dead awesome as the one above, but I’m pleased with it. I don’t think it’s perfect by any stretch of the imagination. But I do know I’ll be making it again and likely with many different colors of ribbon because that’s what is so much fun about this card. Oh, so you want to see my version? Just don’t look too closely, okay? Here it is…
The woman wearing “my dress” is at a beach party (I kept humming “The Girl from Ipanema" when I was making it) so, she’s wearing a diamond pendant rather than her diamond collar. {giggle}
I really like the Cuttlebug embossing folder with this little dress template. If I didn’t need to have all the other colors, I’d have left the ribbons off and had just a swirly white dress. It’s seriously that cute (the template and that folder…not my work!).
Phew! There’s my card for week one. I may or may not do others, it’s just going to depend on how things go around these parts tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by!
Template: PaperCrafts Magazine
Paper: Georgia Pacific
Embossing Folder: ProvoCraft for Cuttlebug (D’Vine Swirls)
Ribbon & Rhinestone: Michael’s
![week1-colors[4] week1-colors[4]](http://lh5.ggpht.com/-WqvgaJ9F8kE/TgwPUmJyo4I/AAAAAAAAAPQ/hnc8WZebGwY/week1-colors%25255B4%25255D%25255B2%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800)


9 comments:
You did a great job. I like how you layered the colors of the ribbon. Coming up with a design/idea is the hardest part for me. Keep at it.
This is super cute, I love how you found your inspiration!
lisa a.
Super Cute Card...
aw, I love your beachy party dress! Great job :)
Hello Fellow camper, you did an amazing job I just love your card.
Eeek! How fun! Love how you used the pattern from Paper Crafts magazine. :)
I love, love, love that card!
Golly , boy did you ever push past the blocks. This is so gorgeously glam. Love it to bits! Clever you!
This is absolutely ADORABLE!
Post a Comment