January 7 - my joy on Friday was some great parent/youngest children time. Brad and I took the big girls to the Girl Scout Cookie Rally downtown and then it was just the two of us with our two little ones for several hours. We stopped by Sonic on the way home from dropping off the big girls and got ice cream. They were so excited and cute. We had fun with them.
January 8 - my joy on Saturday was wood for a fire! We are expecting snow on Sunday (and now that I'm writing this after-the-fact...we got it!). Last year when we got snow, we lost power and didn't have any wood for a fire. This year, we got firewood and Brad unloaded it today. I am so looking forward to a fire!!
January 9 - my joy today is the promise that God never leaves me or forsakes me -- and that promise is what should drive my love and hospitality toward fellow believers and strangers, both. Great teaching from Hebrews 13 during Sunday School this morning (click on the link to get to the recording if you want to hear it).
January 10 - my joy today was in having a SNOW DAY! We got about 6" of snow at our house yesterday and into the night. The kids were so excited. Bitsy's preschool was closed and Governor Beebe closed all state government offices in Little Rock so Brad didn't have to go to work, either. We built a fire and fired up the dryer...my dryer was going all day long. After the third trip outside and back in, we told them "NO MORE!" Lots of fun. I took some photos and need to go through them so I can share.
January 11 - my joy today was the compassion I can have on my children when they are sick. Not that I'm happy my child was sick - not at all! But, rather, that the Lord has given me the ability to have a tender compassion for my little ones when they are sick. Bitsy had a stomach bug today and spent most of the day curled into a ball in the corner of the sofa. From 7:30 this morning until 5:00 this afternoon, she was sick at least once an hour. I built a fire, covered her up with her quilt and let her sleep as much as she wanted...or as much as she could with her siblings jumping around (she didn't want to be in her bed or mine).
Photos from the latest Central Arkansas Snow Storm to come!

No comments:
Post a Comment